Remote Central Locking Problem Solved - thank you HTH

I originally joined this group because the remote c/l on my E36 stopped working - much the same time that the boot light also stopped. So I took particular interest in the discussion re. the 5 series with a similar problem. A reply from HTH pointed to a possible failure in the cables by the boot lid hinge - so I checked mine (by cutting through covering sheath) to find that 4 of the 10 cables had completely broken and 2 more were about to break. I repaired all the cables but c/l still didn't work - this was because a fuse had (understandably) blown. Replaced that and BINGO! my remote central locking, alarm system, boot light and number plate light now all work.This has been a problem for so long and I'm chuffed to bits - thank you to HTH, I am eternally grateful for your great advice - I would never have guessed the problem

- how did you know about it? I wonder how the person with the 5 series is getting on?

Reply to
Tony