Where do they come from?

hmmmmm..... Another idiot.

Reply to
Steve Barker

Hmmm, another critic. If you make it to do something you should service it to do something. This is like making and airplane and saying you'll only service it for problems while taxing and under 65MPH. Yes that particular dealer may not be able to test drive, and no they shouldn't have to. But chevy on a whole should support what they build it to do. How would you like being told that your power windows wont be fixed, because abnormal wear is evident - you use your windows too much. Sorry they get used, but isn't that what there meant for? This is why I wouldn't ask the time of day from a dealership.

Reply to
KJ

what ever dude unless you sign a paper saying you will pay for any ticket or fine that may occure you test drive and fix it your self.the spedo says 120 and it vibrates at 115 ohhhhh on a box of cereal it states part of a complete breakfast but do you have eggs and juice with yours in the morning to complete it ?We cant fix your windows because you use then too much lmao see its people like you who that im talking about yeah your car is worth 90,00.00 your have a 200,000.00 home but look i dont care what you have you want it done then you do it

Reply to
Steve Cook

oh my thermo on my heater goes up to 120 degrees maybe i can bring it to your house and we can see if it really gets that hot lol

Reply to
Steve Cook

None of that has anything to do with how high the speedo goes. Hell it goes to 160 or so in a Cessna, but they'll only do 125. The controls will allow you to put it upside down also, but it's not designed to do that.

Reply to
Steve Barker

how bout this, service writer writes it up for "high speed vibration" , the tech checks it over, balances the tires, ect. Possibly finds something wrong, It possibly did have a problem after all. Test drives it at about 70. Its smooth, calls it fixed, gets payed....Whats the big deal?

Reply to
Scott M

Yeah, Steve, you could do inverted flight with a lot of aircraft if they were equipped for it (although I'd hate to try it in a B-52 LOL). Just because a car or aircraft has a speedometer that reads 300 mph, doesn't mean that it's capable of doing it.

****************************************** I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. ~ Thomas Jefferson ~
Reply to
Rich B

... Re: Where do they come from? Group: alt.trucks.chevy Date: Sun, Sep 21, 2003, 9:56pm From: The_Gear snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Steve=A0Cook)

what ever dude unless you sign a paper saying you will pay for any ticket or fine that may occure you test drive and fix it your self.the spedo says 120 and it vibrates at 115 ohhhhh on a box of cereal it states part of a complete breakfast but do you have eggs and juice with yours in the morning to complete it ?We cant fix your windows because you use then too much lmao see its people like you who that im talking about yeah your car is worth 90,00.00 your have a 200,000.00 home but look i dont care what you have you want it done then you do it .....

what Steve said.....and I ain't a dealer tech.

Scrib Abell (was a dealer tech....)

there are two aproaches to take when giving a customer an "Estimate On Repairs"..........................................

know that you know, that you know what the fix is......and tell him from experience what the "add ons" maybe.......

or.............

LIE.......

Reply to
Scribb Abell

Re: Where do they come from? Group: alt.trucks.chevy Date: Sun, Sep 21, 2003, 9:57pm From: The_Gear snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Steve=A0Cook)

oh my thermo on my heater goes up to 120 degrees maybe i can bring it to your house and we can see if it really gets that hot lol ........

hey Steve, what say we rent a jet engine and wind shear test the shingles on KJ's house

Scrib Abell

Reply to
Scribb Abell

sound like a winner to me .lol

Reply to
Steve Cook

Did you just want to be right, or just feel like ignoring the part that I said the dealer shouldn't break any laws when doing a test drive? I mean if it's a stock car that is meant to do 140-150 whatever, than it should be serviced for that. Now of course the average dealer couldn't do this, but the service should be supplied to the buyer. Now say I did some "performance upgrades" to my suspension. Well then it's my problem entirely. I know many people, kids really, who drag race bone stock street legal cars and do it legally. A big upgrade are spark plug wires and drilling holes in the air box. It would surprise me greatly if you don't regularly do 5MPH over the speed limit. Not to mention, unless it has changed or memory serves me wrong, in Kentucky there are roads where the only vehicles that have speed limits are tractor trailers. What this really sounds like to me is, people who have to deal with the public (IE retail) and the fact that the public sucks. And the public who has to deal with retail and the fact that retail sucks. I've looked through the window both ways in my life. I can see that you have no desire to try to relate with my examples - that all here would rather go with a general consensus and loose no face in the news group.

Reply to
KJ

in the 3 years ('97-'00) I lived in southeastern KY, I never came across any "no speed limit" roads.

-Bret

"performance

Reply to
Bret Chase

Very possible that it wasn't in your area, or I remembered the state incorrectly. My memory serves me thus. It either was or had been fazed out, but had returned and might be on the way out again. The signs at the time were something along the lines of "cars use common since, tractors can go XX at night, YY during the day". Sorry but I neglected to say that, hate when I just type it in my head and don't write it. :- ) It was definitely in middle America, flat lands.

Reply to
KJ

. Group: alt.trucks.chevy Date: Wed, Sep 24, 2003, 12:36am (CDT+5) From: snipped-for-privacy@REMOVEworldnet.att.net (KJ)

[...]

I can see that you have no desire to try to relate with my examples and........................

that all here would rather go with a general consensus and loose no face in the news group ===============================

KJ, No one here has one prob with losing any face in the NG.

and.........

No one here has a prob with seeing that you don't either.

as a side note....... I was going to .......but I didn't want you to feel I was ignoring some of your comments, I've read it all.

respectfully submitted,

Scrib Abell ~lost his keys- $75......had to replace his daughters lost glasses- $129.......let his wife quit her job and take her time to find a new one-$6,000........had his rent increased yearly-$2,400.........loses face in the NG with KG-$ priceless~

Reply to
Scribb Abell

There are no such thin as road with just speed limits for tractor trailers as stated there is a max speed limit in KY but tractor trailors can only do certian speeds Day and night.Noone has a problem dealing with the public just a problem with the idiotic public.I cant see anyone legally racing cars one public roads when the speed limit is broke its nolonger legal as far as anyone buying a auto just because it can go over 100 mph they should take into consideration how hard it is going to be to get it serviced at those speeds if wanted usually unless you want a nascar people buy an auto for convience reliability and comfort not weather or not you can break the sound barrer.I dont know about KY but every car and truck ad ive seen stresses maybe 0 to 60 in a certian time frame but never does it state buy this auto it can go over 120mph as far as what goes on in KY well thats a totally different subject and a totally different newsgroup.

Reply to
Steve Cook

I believe it was Montana

Reply to
Trey

lol... that's pretty good

Reply to
KJ

Could have sworn KY was part of the USA but the ATC might have decided to take them out of the USA due to KN.

Reply to
KJ

Do you remember from the show or from experience? I know my mind, no matter how twisted it is, would make this up.

Reply to
KJ

"The law provides for NO MAXIMUM SPEED LIMIT on interstate and other major non-urban highways during the daytime.(2) §§61-8-303(1) & 61-8-305(4) However, the law appears to provide for a 65 MPH speed limit on federal-aid highways that are within an urbanized area with a population 50,000. §61-8-305(3) Note: A reasonable or safe speed limit may be established via §61-8-309(1); see I under Posted (Maximum) Speed Limit."

Technically, I saw it in a book about ten years ago first.

Reply to
Trey