84 Laser

I ran across what looks like a custom 84 Chrysler Laser convertible that has a folding hard tonneau top that goes into the trunk. He claims that only 5 were made; does anyone know anything about this car? It looks like a factory installation; pretty well done. The trunk lid is hinged at the back but you can barely see them above the taillights.

Reply to
Dan Streb

None built by Chrysler as far as I know. We built the Daytona/Laser here in St. Louis. The odd ones are the first run of Daytonas ( first few months) that had the black roof/liftgate and regular body color on the car ( just like the Eagle Talon has the black roof/liftgate). We found it was a very troublesome process and not worth doing considering the cost. Sounds like a custom build to me - not saying that anything is wrong with it.

Reply to
Richard Benner Jr