sending unit for fuel gauge

hey again guys ,,,sending unit must be gone in my 98 voyager , gas gauge keeps beeping and going to empty and back to full agin,im assuming its the sending unit,,anyone tell me where that would be located , is it inside the tank, i remeber on my grand prix it was with the pump inside the top of the tank but not sure about the voyager. gonna have to get to this soon beeping is drivin me nuts. thanks fred

Reply to
fred

Yes, Fred, it is in the tank. Quote to repair at the dealer is $700, parts and labor. Mine only does it just past the "F" to the first mark then stops (for the most part). I turn up the volume on the radio/tape/cd player!

Reply to
RPhillips47

i was turning up the tunes to ,lol now most of the time its on empty now and not working more than its working,,going to florida in a month so i must get that fixed soon, dont like the idea of being on the high way not knowing how much fuel ya have . thanks for the reply dude fred

Reply to
fred

Might be a loose connection in connector also. Check the schematic to see where the plugins are and maybe you can find one that has been exposed to some dirt and water.

Reply to
indago