Would anyone (*cough, Bill) happen to know how to put a door latch rod back on?

I took my door off to replace my window regulator and when putting the door back on, I popped the metal rod that opens the latch back in the door handle and the whole rod came out! I have looked at the door latch for a matter of minutes and cant find where this thing goes! Anyone have a diagram of some sort? Ive been forced to keep the door panel off and reach inside the latch and pull on the metal rod that connects to the outside of the door to open it.

Thanks in advance!

98 concorde LXI 3.2l
Reply to
AFX

One more thing, would you happen to know the name of those little clips that hold the rod onto the latch? Im pretty sure it broke when it fell out.

Reply to
AFX

Scratch that, a google search of ROD CLIPS points me in the right direction :)

Reply to
AFX

You're talking about the exterior door handle. I can't remember if the hole for the rod is plastic or metal, but is it possible that you broke that "loop" off? The inner door handle breaks at that point more commmonly.

There are two nuts on either side of the handle assy. on the inside of the door. Remove those and you can remove the handle assy., then maybe you can see it better to either find the hole or see if something broke off.

Reply to
Bill Putney

Not really, I broke the interior door handle rod off that snaps into the interior door handle.

I might just take the whole latch out tonight and take a look, I did look for one on ebay and saw a picture of a fully assembled one that might help me.

Thanks as usual Bill!

Reply to
AFX

Oops - sorry I assumed wrong.

Yes - it is a common occurrence for the hole on the inside latch to break off. Chyrsler does sell just the door handle assembly. The part numbers are given in TSB no. 23-013-04 for all the many difference colors and trim levels for the LH cars. It was recently confirmed on an LH car forum that they are still available - list for about $65, $45 from good on-line discount dealers like

Bill Putney