Citroen AX engine problem

Hi everyone, I,ve got a P reg 950cc dimension. Once the engine has warmed up and I then stop for say 30 minutes when I restart and drive away I get a loss of engine power (usually in 2nd gear) as I put some load on the engine. It doesn't die completely but tends to splutter and then runs ok. It's intermitent and doesn't do it when at the garage. Anyone got any ideas what may be causing this? Thanks Ian

Reply to
ian

Buy an old car. This is uk.rec.cars.classic.

Reply to
Phil

To be honest I think you may get better response somewhere else. This group is uk.rec.cars.classic - dedicated to classic cars. I'm not sure that P-reg AXs are in this group's core experience.

The suspicion would be a fuelling problem, probably evaporation, but that is speaking as somebody who understands engines using carburettors better. I believe your car would use computer managed fuel injection (I may be wrong as it is only 950cc). If that is the case then it could easily be a sensor somewhere. For that you'd need someone who knows PSA group engine management systems.

Reply to
Richard Polhill

You could try uk.rec.cars.maintenance

Reply to
Quincy

Thanks all. I posted my message in this section by mistake. Thanks to those of you who responded in a reasonable tone. Hope your not all as upity as some.

Ian

Richard Polhill wrote:

Reply to
ian

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "ian" saying something like:

Nowt wrong with a genuine mistake - and you weren't trying to spam.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon