hoisting 400 cc engine out of 4x4 ram on 32" tires in 30 inches of snow

Page 2 of 2
Gary Glaenzer wrote:

hee hee
have chain truck avail nearest warm shop is a service garage -- plausible to tow illegally down the road for 10 miles or so because no police out here within 1 hour drive oh, and don't forget the snow blower, or backhoe if too mush for the snow blower
Even a cold shop would do.
I did have a delightful crazy idea last summer -- I was driving beside a railroad bridge which had three beautiful supports -- iron truss style about 100 wide feet each, 40 feet high. Nick those, drag them behind the truck about two hours down the road, and securely erect them on my property and put a couple of huge canvas tarps over them in the Fall -- I'd never need to clear the yard again, and I'd have a hangar for a garage with a built in beam to chain anything onto <maniacal grin>
seriously though, looks like we'll go with items 1 and 2 and wear warm clothing
rach

Rachel.. Don't know if you have a "friend in the business", but when I needed the engine pulled from a truck I bought and the truck was in a ditch behind a barn, a friend with a tow truck lifted it out for me...
Personally, since the buyer will pay for pulling it, I'd try to find a couple of local teenagers that work on cars and have them do it...
Age and experience makes use of youth and enthusiasm.... Mac
mac davis wrote:

Yep, might have to wait for spring. Unless Norm's cousin is coming out this way sometime with her tow truck (she lives an hour away) he won't be able to afford it -- and I was looking to get the motor out of here asap and also help my neighbours make some money as things are tight around here this time of year
We have one small male grade 8 student -- no burly females in high school who'd do it either. Summer is different -- put an ad up at the depanneur which is open for beer, wine, smokes, and fast food once the cottagers come out of hibernation.
rach

Ya outta be able to lift a 400 cc engine without any tools. Hell, I put a 1000cc iron head in the sportster by myself and it has the transmission built in.
beekeep

she actually ment a 400ci
--
-Chris
05 CTD

beekeep

-Chris
05 CTD
When they heard you were frying transmissions for breakfast.
Touch`, friend
<VBG>
--
Budd Cochran