Trans fluid or additive ?

Page 2 of 2
<<INLINE>> ====================miles wrote:

==============miles wrote:

============== we must be reading different threads.....
i appologize.
I thought we were "both" reading this one.....where everyone BUT you seems to think that my price is fair.
again, my apologeeeeze
~:~ Marsh ~sips his crownroyal.....takes a hit off his doooby~

Fair?
Depends on your area.
Here, I would say you are the highest I have seen....and therefore, not fair.
NYC, you might be bottom of the barrel cheap.

aka-SBM wrote:

==============aka-SBM wrote:

==================== Do me a favor. Get a price on the "canister" filter, the regular filter, 7 quarts of ATF4, and a pan gasket.
Then.....add a bit for labor, you make the call, charge a fair price on your labor.
Post the results. Then I'll tell you how much money YOU ARE LOSING after doing the job 10 times.
oh yeah, and if you find some shops out there that are doing this service with both filters and using ATF4 for under $100......then stay away from them. They're likely using the service as a "Loss Leader" to upsell you.
jest a caution for you, take it for what it's worth. (or what you think it's worth...lol)
any whoooo..... a simple few minutes on the phone for you and post the results.
respectfully submitted, to prove a point
~:~ MarshMonster ~takes a hit off his dooby.........mmmmmm........wonders if you're one of "those" that think mechanics shouldn't eat as well as everyone else, take vacations, and buy his kids cloths from places other than the ole GoodWill store...... or.....if you jest fall for every lost leader ad~
~pay a mechanic~ ~save a kid~
~:~

Dunno, but I know that there are SEVERAL shops around here that are $118-$135 for a flush.
Ron wrote:

==================Ron, check yer mail again.
~:~ Marsh ~:~
Ok, I have to say this has me worried a little. I have a '91 Dakota that I usually take to Pennzoil for oil change, air filter, etc. One of the last times I took it there they drained all the oil out and told me to "start 'er up" (I always stay in the car while they do the work). When I asked if they had put oil back in they looked dumbfounded. But, back to topic, I had them to change the trans fluid and occasionally the truck won't go into over drive. What do I need to do to halt any further damage?! Take it to a dealer/professional and have them flush it?
Thanks, Matt

Just an update on my scenario, spoke to Pennzoil EZlube manager after gathering some online material plus help from Tom Lawrence and Marsh Monster.He finally agreed to get in ATF+4.
Later that day the owner called to confirm 'he had been on the phone all morning with Chrysler' the bulk ATF+4 was coming in from Chrysler. He still backs the thousands of Dodges he has used his base fluid with appropriate additive method but will redo mine so I don't ever have to battle a warranty. He must have been stonewalled pretty good by Dodge....
So I go in tomorrow, inspect the bulk barrel label and have it redone. I agreed to pay an extra $35 can for the difference in fluid costs.... Fair is fair. Ron update again after if nec.
Ron wrote in message:

<snip
================ glad to hear they're working with you Ron.
~:~ marsh ~:~

Just came back, no bulk, they had to buy _50_ Mopar 1 litre plastic jugs to fill up their machine so it only had ATF+4 in it !
Their wholesaler says Dodge is the only mfgr that stick to the "no-subs" rule. They are giving in for me but insist there is evidence and laws contrary to argue Dodge's stand. ... I'm not interested in that battle.... Ron
PS Do you think the next Dodge is going to get ATF+4 ?????

Matt, what I said above only applied to the 45RFE and the 545RFE transmissions. They are only used behind the 4.7L and 5.7L HEMI. You don't need ATF+4 in your truck. Do they change your transmission filters at Pennzoil if so you done what you can do, being a 91 it may be getting to the end of it's life. I'd get some referrals from friends, and coworkers for a shop that only does transmission work. You don't need the dealers high prices.

======================Ron, check your mail.
~:~ MarshMonster ~:~