Well, welll ... some things never change.

Page 1 of 5
I see most of the old bunch is still here, and still as wicked as ever.
Makes me glad I left.
Let the flames begin.
Budd

--
88FadedGlory
Pray for Obama and Congress- Psalm 109:8

To paraphrase Beekeep.... "..well looky what the cat drug in..."
How are ya', you old fart?
Mike
Mike Simmons wrote:

Doing fabulous, naturally. Ya know, kinda like in Josh Turner's song, "Me and God"?
I've dropped about 70 pounds since the last time I was here. Moved back to CO and bought a home and laid my best friend to rest last fall. He died of complications with his Diabetes thanks to the VA not letting him test his blood sugars more than once a day.
No longer own any Mopars ... sold my 81 Establishment Class "C" (440 / Loadflite in a 79 M-400 chassis) to a guy who's going to convert it to a kitchen for his mobile bar-b-que business, traded my 79 D-150 for the XJ, sold my 80 slant six D-150 for more than I paid for it.
The better half's working at her old employer but in a managerial position. I'm still disabled but thinking about opening a small business of some kind to cover my butt when the Obama Bunch cuts off my disability, Social Security and medicare because I'm on the "Death List". Maybe if I pay some ridiculous taxes to that bunch they'll let me live a little longer ... like till the next Presidential Election.
But this newsgroup doesn't seem to have improved at all. Still the same old stuff as always.
But, I'm not surprised.
Who's gone missing here?
Budd
--
88FadedGlory
Pray for Obama and Congress- Psalm 109:8
C.L. Budd Cochran wrote:

I doubt it was prohibited. What does a diabetic test strip cost anyway?

Just pray, then. You can pay some preacher to pray for you too, for better results.

You must have a lot of old unread messages stacked up. It's real quiet here.

I got rid of azwiley, the punkin guy in arizona. Took about a year.

So, Budd... how does one get gobs of power out of a V6 Dakota? Are you going to blow your gaskets now?
Beryl wrote: I doubt it was prohibited. What does a diabetic test strip cost anyway?
I can answer that. Depending on the brand they are between 60 cents to 1.40 a strip. My yearly cost for testing for One Touch strip are close to 1350 dollars a year without insurance. Luckily I have insurance that pays 80 Percent. My state has a law that mandates they pay for testing supplies.
Sarge
Licker wrote:

Significant cost. Too bad Budd's best friend wasn't worth a few bucks a day to anyone.
Beryl wrote:

He had the test strips and the machines, but he, unfortunately, couldn't be convinced the VA docs were stupid.
While Ed wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, admittedlty, he did have a tendency to trust diplomas over common sense.
And I get the feeling you're azwiley with a new screenname ... and the same attitudes. Which means you never figured out what was really going on.
Sometimes you need to vote as well as pray. It's because conservatives were too lazy we got the administra ... dictators we have.
--
88FadedGlory
Pray for Obama and Congress- Psalm 109:8
C.L. Budd Cochran wrote:

I am not azwiley! I didn't like his attitude either.
We got the democrats because the departing cowboy was such a failure.
Beryl wrote:

R-i-i-i-i-ight . . . .
80% of America claims to be politically conservative.
20% liberal
Do the math and you'll see why Obama won. (Hint: Conservatives didn't get off their dead butts and vote.)
Budd
--
88FadedGlory
Pray for Obama and Congress- Psalm 109:8
C.L. Budd Cochran wrote:

I actually almost, could have, voted for McCain. His stunningly ill-considered VP choice squashed that.
Beryl wrote:

ROTFLMBO!!!!!!!!!
Sarah Palin had at least as much experience as Obama and better values.
Personally, I like Huckabee and Palin ... in any order.
Budd
--
88FadedGlory
Pray for Obama and Congress- Psalm 109:8
C.L. Budd Cochran wrote:

Your numbers are wrong.
http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/52602
In 2009, 40% percent of respondents in Gallup surveys that have interviewed more than 160,000 Americans have said that they are either conservative (31%) or very conservative (9%). That is the highest percentage in any year since 2004.
Only 21% have told Gallup they are liberal, including 16% who say they are liberal and 5% who say they are very liberal.
Thirty-five percent of Americans say they are moderate.
During Republican President George W. Bushs second term, the number of self-identified conservatives as measured by Gallup dropped, riding at a low of 37% as recently as last year.
See? Exactly half as many conservatives as you claim, and conservative support was waning throughout the FAILURE's second term.
Beryl wrote:

My figures are from Fox news and several Christian news sites.
At first glance, your source looks a bit "conspiracy theory" biased, imho.
The math you missed is that not enough conservatives got off their duffs and voted.
comprende?
--
88FadedGlory
Pray for Obama and Congress- Psalm 109:8
C.L. Budd Cochran wrote:

OF COURSE!

No. What you missed is the thirty-five percent of Americans who said they are moderate. The swing votes. You add them all to the conservative side, and they obviously haven't voted that way.
No,
We got people like D'ohbama because the media has convinced YOU that Bush was a twit. Let's see all the out takes they show of D'ohbama, stumbling while off tele prompter. Hypocrits, you all love having a Charlie McCarthy for president.

Top-poster PlowBoy:

Google "Bush quotes", with or without the word "stupid" in there (you'll get the same results)
In fact, just enter "Bush q" and Google will suggest *stupid quotes* in their dropdown list.
Read what the bumbling idiot has said. Some of it is simply due to his clumsiness. Other times the words come out right, and reveal just what a shallow non-thinker he is.
Beryl wrote:

ROTFLMBO!!!!!
Carter was a non-thinker ... or doer.
Btw, you think G. W. was the only one to make screwups in speeches? heck Obama can't remember how many states there are in the US without a teleprompter.
'Course, it'd help if he were a citizen. . . . . . . . .
Budd
--
88FadedGlory
Pray for Obama and Congress- Psalm 109:8
C.L. Budd Cochran wrote:

Bush: "I talked to my little brother, Jeb - I haven't told this to many people. But he's the governor of - I shouldn't call him my little brother - my brother, Jeb, the great Governor of Texas." Jim Lehrer: "Florida." Bush: "Florida. The state of the Florida." News Hour With Jim Lehrer, PBS, 27th April 2000

"I think it was in the Rose Garden where I issued this brilliant statement: If I had a magic wand -- but the president doesn't have a magic wand. You just can't say, 'low gas.'" --George W. Bush, Washington D.C., July 15, 2008
Beryl wrote:

We want our teachers to be trained so they can meet the obligations, their obligations as teachers. We want them to know how to teach the science of reading. In order to make sure there's not this kind of federal--federal cufflink. -- At Fritsche Middle School, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, March 30, 2000
I think if you know what you believe, it makes it a lot easier to answer questions. I can't answer your question. -- In response to a question about whether he wished he could take back any of his answers in the first debate. Reynoldsburg, Ohio, Oct. 4, 2000
Redefining the role of the United States from enablers to keep the peace to enablers to keep the peace from peacekeepers is going to be an assignment. -- Interview with the New York Times, Jan. 14, 2001
Far be it from the American President to get to decide who leads what country... I made up my mind that Saddam needs to go. -- Statements separated by only a few minutes in interview with ITN. Crawford, Texas, Apr. 5, 2002
Well, obviously, you don't want to admit that someone else can be human and make mistakes, just blame it on Bush.
Good grief . . . . . .
--
C.L. "Budd" Cochran
Pray for the Obama administration Psalm 109:8