Brava - wet boot

Hello

With the recent wet weather I have noticed a wet patch on the left side of my boot. I can't decide if it's a leak or been caused by water running off the tailgate as it's been opened and into the boot.

Has anyone else had similar problems?

Steve

Reply to
Stevecam

See if the rubbery water seal eases off, if so put it back again with some clear silicone sealant, the cheap stuff that comes in cartridges for cartridge guns will do. Water soaking into the carpets is not good as there isn't enough air circulation to dry it out, rust soon takes a hold. Common ways of tracing water ingress are sheets of newspaper, see where they get wet first, or remove carpet and sprinkle talcum powder.

In passing Fiat (and other makes) doors rust along bottom due to the seal shrinking or being short as installed, at speed water is driven back along the glass, then sprays into the door interior around the lock area. The drain holes in the bottom of the door don't have much paint, and water also wicks into the folded seam.

Reply to
Ato_zee