My 1996 Ford Escort LX stalls regularly

Several months ago, the engine on my 1996 Ford Escort LX began to cut-out while driving on the highway. Initially, it would happen once every week or two, but now it sometimes stalls 2-3 times a day. It
will stall at any speed the car is travelleing - there doesn't appear to be any pattern. However, it seems to be stalling more and more as the weather here in southern Florida gets hotter (interestingly, it would also shut down when the weather was cooler during the late winter and early spring). When it shuts off in hot weather, it is very hard to get it restarted. The headlights stay on but I lose power to my turn indicators and other electrical devices such as the fan. I took it to a mechanic who changed the fuel pump - it didn't help. He then changed some relays - it didn't help. Several hundred dollars later, I decided that the mechanic was clueless and would never solve the problem. I even had a new cooling system installed. Does anyone have a suggestion?
replace the crank shaft senser
jimmyh wrote:

Get the engine codes read 1st. Minimize guesswork, "parts throwing", and it will save time & money.