Sat Nav Ford Galaxy

I've got a 2004 Galaxy with a heated front screen. I'm having problems getting my Navman 520 SatNav to get a GPS fix and I dont know if its down to the heated windscreen or not.
Has anyone else had an issue ? Stu

Seems to me a little empirical testing is in order... if it has trouble getting the fix on the dash, what happens if you move it to the side window? Then try it in someone else's vehicle, which doesnt have that heating grid.
Doesnt matter, then, what experiences others have had.
If it then locks in, seems to answer the question, and you can take it up with the product mfr.... though from my long-ago background in RF propagation, I wouldnt be at all surprised.
you pay..DEAL with it!

Why don't you try the sat nav outside of the car.
Stuart Adair wrote:

If it has the ultra thin copper sheet in the windscreen, that's probably it. I once had a Ford Taurus with that type of windshield and had to go to a remote mount radar detector to get more a few hundred feet detection range.
snipped-for-privacy@btopenworld.com says...

Satellite nav has a hard time getting through a-thermic windscreens. You need to use an external antenna if there is a connection for one, or one of the new SiRf III chipped gps units.
Also try asking your questions here:
alt.satellite.gps
or
sci.geo.satellite-nav