Snow tires on a Mustang

Page 2 of 2
You do not want to buy SNOW tires, you want "Winter" tires. Winter tires, unlike snow tires have a less aggressive tread of softer rubber layer on the
top, much like motorcycle tires, that work much better on plowed and wet roads.
I have owned six Mustang GT convertibles since 1999. I currently own a 2009 and I drive Mustang year round in the mountains of Pennsylvania. I have tried several brands and at one point I purchased 'Blistixs' and the were the worst winter tire of all the brands I used, because they did not track well on wet or icy roads.
My latest three seta have been Cooper, great winter tire and reasonable priced.

On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 12:52:15 -0500, "Mike Hunter"

Pardon???? Nothing sticks like a Blizzak on ice the first year )except, PERHAPS Metzlers or Haks, at 3 times the price. On wet pavement, no snow tire stops like a good summer touring.

On a rear wheel drive car like the Mustang do you use qty 2 or qty 4 winter tires?
Back in the 60's and 70's I remember putting snow tires only on the rear drive wheels.
Steve
I might be a wierd old , but the idea of even <winter> tires on a mustang just seems like blasphemy (and I live where winter is really WINTER). Of course we don't drive ours in the winter (it's a convertible... driving with the top up seems like blasphemy, too).
Now... in my youth.... way back then I could be so wierd that most of you folks would seem normal....
Don't try driving a car with welded spider gears in the winter....
Honest...

or so, then just good all seasons. I've been running Dunlop Graspics for the last 7 years - ALMOST as good as the Blizzak first year, and just as good for the next 3 or 4, at least - for me. Got 6 years on the Pontiac TransSport, and one more on the PT Cruiser - but that last year was not a "good" year - replaced them this year. Had them on daughter's Neon and wife's Mystique - and now on daughter's new Civic.