2001 Focus Wagon PS Pump leak

I have a PS pump that has a leaking seal. I thought I heard somewhere that Ford extended the warranty on the pump to 60K. Wishful thinking?

Gene

Reply to
someone

Unfortunately there is no extended warrenty. If you call tousley ford at 800-328-9552...ask for steve and tell him you are a member of focaljet, you can get parts at 10% above dealer cost

Reply to
smoedog

:>On Jun 6, 5:43 am, snipped-for-privacy@anywhere.com wrote: :>> I have a PS pump that has a leaking seal. I thought I heard somewhere :>> that Ford extended the warranty on the pump to 60K. Wishful thinking? :>>

:>> Gene :>

:>Unfortunately there is no extended warrenty. If you call tousley ford :>at 800-328-9552...ask for steve and tell him you are a member of :>focaljet, you can get parts at 10% above dealer cost

In fact, while you're at it, sign up for a free membership at focaljet.com. A much more active place than this newsgroup to find everything you've ever wanted to know about your Focus.

BTW, the Steve at Tousley Ford mentioned above is FORDSVTPARTS on Focaljet, and has been very helpful to quite a few of us.

me/2

Reply to
me/2

Thanks for the info, bad news be it..

I can get my Ford parts at wholesale anyway. I just replaced that thermostat housing that goes defective causing an antifreeze leak and the part cost me $41 instead of $53. I got the information about that fix at focushacks.com. Some very helpful information there.

Gene

Reply to
someone

Ahh focushacks

The guy who runs that site is a forum moderator and helps run focaljet. I have added a few things to that site myself

Reply to
smoedog