Road Noise

I find the focus noisy compared with my previous Citroen BX. Any thoughts?
Alapal

Road noise? Engine noise? In what way is it noisier?
--
Paul Giverin
On Fri, 09 Jan 2004 21:07:17 +0000, Alan Sharp wrote:

Road noise, the engine is quite quiet.
On Fri, 09 Jan 2004 22:43:56 +0000, "Alan W Sharp"

If it is an older model probably the make of tyre. Throughout the life time of my last Focus I tried 4 different types (brands) of tyres and found that the quietest were the Michleins Pilot Energy these were a lot better than the Pirellis which were the original fit, other types like Conti's and Dunlops fell between the two.
My new Focus is a Diesel and has Contis atm. The whole car is a lot quieter than the old one whilst road noise has been especially improved, so Ford have obviously been working on the issue.
If the car is new it may be worth getting things like tyre alignment and tracking checked out.
Regards
Andy Lee
--

It matters not whether you win or lose; what matters is whether I win or lose.

I had Michelin Pilot Energy first on my Focus from '00, but changed to Yokohama AVS decibel's. They are quiter still and have had better handling so far than the old Michelins. /per
wrote:

thoughts?
lose.

Hi per
Thanks for that I will look out for them when the conti's are due to be changed. Were they any more expensive than the Michelin's ?
Regards
Andy Lee
--

It matters not whether you win or lose; what matters is whether I win or lose.

The Michelins came with the car so I don't know about their price really, but the Yokohamas are no budget, but premium tyres with price equal to the better ones out there. I was not satisfied with the Michelins when they were almost worn out and was looking for the quitest tyres around, and the handling was a great positive surprise. /per
wrote:

handling
lose.
U want to drive a focus RS!!! with its 225/40/18 tyres you do not fall asleep on a long journey!!!! but they are ~130 each tho! :(
MC.
------

When was your Focus built? Earlyer once had some problems with noise, documented (German):
TECHNISCHE SERVICE INFORMATION Nr.105/2000 PKW und leichte Nutzfahrzeuge 17.08.2000
Gruppe:43 (501-05/08/11)
Modell: Focus, gebaut bis einschlielich 31.03.2000 (Baucode YA)
Lnder: Alle
Betrifft: Wingerusche im Bereich der A-Sule, Trfensterscheiben und Auenspiegel bei Geschwindigkeiten ber 80 km/h
--
Michael Heiming

Now that's not road noise, is it? /per
wrote: