99 Suburban Roof Rack Question

I would like to remove the 2 adjustable racks. I have never used them on any of the used cars we have owned. All the others were easyly removed. The Suburban is not so easy. Can anyone help solve this
problem. Thanks.
Warren
Might be better off in Suburu newsgroup?

-
Why? A Suburban is a Chevrolet, made by GM.
Shep wrote:

My bad, temporary brain fade.???!!!

-
You can remove the cross bars by sliding them off the end rails, there should be a retainer cap at the end of the rail. The long side rails are attached to the roof with blind nuts in the sheet metal, usually these should not be removed.

-