CNN poll on Jolt

CNN's poll asks if $42,000 is a fair price for the Volt. At this point, some 84 percent of the voting say NO

They must be suffering from drain bammage to think that 41K will sell...
On 27/07/2010 3:40 PM, hls wrote:

Guess I would be in the majority.
But the true cost of the Volt is higher, does not include the cost of keeping GM alive and into taxpayers pockets.
--

Government has liberals, idealists and lawyers, but where is the common
sense?

hey numbnuts the best selling vehicles every year are trucks in the 35 to 45K range they are not trying to sell a million the first few years or ever until the price of batteries comes down you got to start somewhere. Quit trying to predict the future nostradumass you are not very good at it. Your proclaim you are very smart and people are looking to hire you. I don't know many companys that need someone with a one track mind.
On 28/07/2010 5:00 AM, Tom wrote:

Good, it cuts taxpayer losses. Each new GM should have a new number on the sticker, how much did taxpayers fork out for this one.
--

Government has liberals, idealists and lawyers, but where is the common
sense?
"hls" wrote in message

I don't think polls like that mean much...
For example, what percentage of the population would be expected to buy this car?
What percentage of the population could afford a $42,000 vehicle?
(I think the prices of many new vehicles are ridiculous, but other people still buy them...)

I dont think they mean much either.

WOW, 16% is much better than I expected. If 16% of the people in the US bought a Volt, GM would be estatic.
Ed