Help with the BEEP!

I really would like to be able to have my car door open and listen to my CD player without that damned "BEEP" "BEEP" "BEEP" screwing up my listening pleasure.
This must be a bitch with many people. Well, if someone would please tell me what to go after in this "2001 Buick Century" I'd be much obliged. I do pretty well at reading various electrical and electronic diagrams. If I could break the wire feeding this thing, I would but a dash mounted switch on it. I just need to know the wires color code is, and the best place to access it. Thanks Rusty snipped-for-privacy@lycos.com
The "chimes" come from the factory radio and out through the driver side speaker(s). I believe the volume can be controlled (although not completely shut off)...see the owners manual.

Not so on a 1996-2005 Buick Century. These radios do not rely on class II to produce chimes. The chime is still produced independently of the radio.
Roger
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

You don't "access" it. The door/warning chime on late model GM cars originates in the factory radio, and the sound is fed to the same speakers as your audio. To put a switch in between means you cut out your music, too, every time you throw the switch.
The most effective way to get rid of the chime is to replace the radio with an aftermarket model. I don't believe any of the aftermarket units generate door chimes, so your problem would be solved.
Another solution might be to cut the wires the sensors that detect when doors are open. But then your interior lights wouldn't come on either.
--
e-mail address fudged to thwart spammers.
Transpose the c's and a's in my address in order to reply.

Actually, there are some that keep the chimes going. But it needs more wiring. On 2 cars that I drive there are aftermarket stereos and they both chime.
I just looked at the schematic and the only place that I see where it can tell if the door is open or not is part of the headlight system..the courtesy thing. So in the BCM on the schematic it's "B5 YEL 10". It's inbetween ORG/BLK and BRN/WHT. If you want I could put the schmatic somewhere.
Leave the door closed & run the windows down instead.
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~286,095 miles_~_~_

Wire in an override switch into the door jamb, when the door is open you can flip the switch to short the door close sensor.
Ted