Re: Warranties

I don't know if that post is factual or not but back when I was in retail I was always amazed it how many of our domestic and foreign vehicle buyers,
that our F&I guys were able to convince to buy the manufactures EXTENDED warranties.
We earned an very high percentage of our profit on the sale of a new vehicles buy selling those extended warranties, even though statistically less than 2% of them ever paid out more than the cost of the extended warranty, and the buyers deductibles, after the manufactures warranty had expired. That makes since when one considers 2% falls in line with the average failure rate for ALL manufactured products.
If I could get a discount for NOT having a warranty on a new car, like I could when I was buying used cars, I would opt for no warranty on the new cars I buy.
The last time I had a warranty claim on any of my new vehicles, and I have own a lot of new vehicles, was way back in the fifties.