Runaway Toyota cases ignored

Page 3 of 3
"Mike Hunter" wrote:
You (PerfectReign) are uninformed if you believe any Toyota can do 120 MPH at 1,500 RPM. ___________________________________________________________________
PerfectReign's Toyota could theoretically go 120 mph at 1500 rpm. All he needs is a final drive axle gear ratio of about 1.10 and an engine that puts out 200 horsepower at a 1500 rpm fast idle.
Rodan. ____________________________________________________________________

Can't say this often, but Mikey is definitely correct on this one. If your Avalanche has a tach you can easily test your theory.
That would make a good story were it not for RPM limiters in todays cars LOL

I like the way you think. It's a sad story but had the driver made sure the gas pedal didn't have the floor mat shoved on it or under it, it wouldn't have happend.
I went back and re-read the original post, then read the articles and such, and basically the press and most everybody is confusing SUDDEN ACCELERATION with fat-hoofed broads pushing the floor mats so far forward that the mat gets stuck under on or under the gas pedal, resulting in the car not slowing or speeding up when they stomp the pedal hoping to free it.
So I am back to my original claim, most if not all of these accidents are caused by FAT, DUMB, LAZY, spouses and such not taking the time to make sure that the GD gas pedal is free to operate,
That would be my take as well. After all the average Toyota owner IS a fat old guy or a woman ;)

John Q public wont do a damned thing about this, except continue to buy more and more of these defective products.
John Q Public is usually about 30 years behind times when it comes to knowledge about automobiles.
They just buy them based on "reputation".
Hell, the average comsumer, who has been spoon-fed lies by the likes of Consumer Reports for years, still thinks Toyotas get better gas mileage than similar GM products.
And are more reliable.
And more safe.
When in light of things happening today, none of the above are even close to being true.
The sad thing about this is that the public will finally "discover" all these things and stop buying Toyotas LONG after Toyota has corrected these problems and resumed making a decent product.
John Q public wont do a damned thing about this, except continue to buy more and more of these defective products.
John Q Public is usually about 30 years behind times when it comes to knowledge about automobiles.
They just buy them based on "reputation".
Hell, the average comsumer, who has been spoon-fed lies by the likes of Consumer Reports for years, still thinks Toyotas get better gas mileage than similar GM products.
And are more reliable.
And more safe. ***********
We received a notification from Toyota just this morning regarding this issue. It is not a recall, at this point. This notification deals with the perceived problem, which they have identified as aftermarket or improper floor mats which can slide and interfere with the accelerator pedal. That is ALL at this time.