Solstice - What a name !

I just saw a Pontiac commercial this evening showing all the current line up offered ( less the Bonneville ). At the very end an image popped up of the Solstice and mention was made of it being forthcoming.
I was trying to come up with some other name for the car. So far I got ~_~_>>>
1. Petiteza ( prononuced Petite Zah ). 2. Lemanza. 3. Lemaz. 4. P / 06 5. Piata ( Mazda rip off ). 6. Phirrahna
There could also be GT versions of the above models.
Feel free to add to the list...
Stupid name for a sports car. Think of how it sounds when someone asks you what you drive...."I have a Solstice" sounds lame as hell.
I just saw a Pontiac commercial this evening showing all the current line up offered ( less the Bonneville ). At the very end an image popped up of the Solstice and mention was made of it being forthcoming.
I was trying to come up with some other name for the car. So far I got ~_~_>>>
1. Petiteza ( prononuced Petite Zah ). 2. Lemanza. 3. Lemaz. 4. P / 06 5. Piata ( Mazda rip off ). 6. Phirrahna
There could also be GT versions of the above models.
Feel free to add to the list...
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net says...

Since the car company is based off of a Native American name why not use Native American names when ever possible?
ANEVAY ANGENI CATORI FLO LEOTIE SINOPA SOYALA: Hopi name meaning " time of the winter solstice." <<<solstice AHOTE KOHANA LEYATI OHANZEE OURAY PAYTAH WEAYAYA
Granted I dont know how these are pronounced they look more interesting.
Are the boneville's being discontinue? When was the last body style changed?
says...

Since the car company is based off of a Native American name why not use Native American names when ever possible?
ANEVAY ANGENI CATORI FLO LEOTIE SINOPA SOYALA: Hopi name meaning " time of the winter solstice." <<<solstice AHOTE KOHANA LEYATI OHANZEE OURAY PAYTAH WEAYAYA
Granted I dont know how these are pronounced they look more interesting.
IIRC June 05 is when production comes to an end... The last body change was in 2000. Before that it was 1992. GM is making to many cars now under the same badge that overlap other models. The Bonneville became to close in size to the Grand Prix and they must want the foreign made GTO to be Pontiacs flagship car now. Now the G6 is to close in specs to the Grand Prix. No doubt they will kill the Grand Prix because of this even though the Grand Prix still has a superior engine to choose from... Bonnevilles are damn nice cars but either people are still driving their old ones or they just dont know how great of a car it is.
says...

IIRC June 05 is when production comes to an end... The last body change was in 2000. Before that it was 1992. GM is making to many cars now under the same badge that overlap other models. The Bonneville became to close in size to the Grand Prix and they must want the foreign made GTO to be Pontiacs flagship car now. Now the G6 is to close in specs to the Grand Prix. No doubt they will kill the Grand Prix because of this even though the Grand Prix still has a superior engine to choose from... Bonnevilles are damn nice cars but either people are still driving their old ones or they just dont know how great of a car it is.
G6 is nowhere near the Prix, its replacing the Grand Am, The Grand Prix is the one thats getting a big closer to the Bonnieville.
The Solstice doesn't look as good as its sister car, the Saturn Sky, but its just a tossup which one has the stupider name.

The Bonneville and GP share the same drivetrain, which is basically why the Bonneville has become a poor seller. For the $35k+ sticker of the Bonne, you can get an extremely loaded GP. Therefore, dealers aren't stocking them, and buyers aren't buying them.
No one is banking on the GTO being the flagship. It's a limited production car, to begin with...

the
production
Yeh and they are not selling well either.

I hope this new Solstice will not stop suddenly on June 21st!!
LOL
-CC
The Solltice should sell quite well. Its base price of under 20K is at least $10,000 below other 2 passenger 4 cy covertibles, like those from Honda and Toyota. The Honda S2000 at the NY show was 34k. That is thousands more than than the 2005 300 HP V8 Mustang GT convertible
mike hunt
ChrisCoaster wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@mailcity.com wrote:

It will only sell, though, if it has RWD, a manual available, and at least a V6. Otherwise, it's just like every other little roadster on the market.
I'm not holding my breath, though. GM hasn't made a decent roadster in... I can't remember if they've ever made one, actually.
The drive train is indeed RWD, that is why they can sell it for under 20K. It has a high-winder 4cy, like its much more expensive FWD competitors, however. Buick has a similar vehicle, with a V6, in the wings ;)
mike hunt
Joseph Oberlander wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@mailcity.com wrote:

There IS someone up there who loves us. :)
Now, stick a 5 speed in it and we're set.

I'd like to note that the base price is ABSOLUTELY base. No A/C, remote keyless entry, power windows, locks, mirrors, Foglights, Cruise Control, Driver Information Center, ABS, limited slip rear axle, On-Star, AM/FM Stereo w/CD & MP3 (or AM/FM Stereo w/6-Disc CD Changer in Dash & MP3) (or Monsoon Speakers), XM Radio. But then, who needs all that with a roadster?
Things like A/C, remote keyless entry, power windows, locks, mirrors, Cruise Control, ABS, limited slip rear axle, AM/FM Stereo/CD actually add less than $1,000 to the production cost of a vehicle.
mike hunt
Phillip Schmid wrote:

I find that completely believable.
The most expensive thing on the list would be the A/C. Changing an open rear-axle to a limited slip costs ~$200 IF you do it after it's been bought (like on the 05 Mustangs), so the manufacturer can do it cheaper. Motors and circuit boards are pretty cheap nowadays too.
Harry Face wrote:

How about just going to a numbering scheme?