1996 Prelude - 5 speed manual - clutch advice please.

I've just started getting a vibration travelling through my clutch pedal (and up through my left foot!). It's a metallic sort of rubbing noise which happens when the pedal is travelling either up or down.
Everything's fine when the clutch is fully depressed or fully released and there's no problem with the gear-shift or the gears themselves. Before I take it into a garage I'd like to check/top up the clutch and gearbox oil - but unfortunately I've only got an 'owners handook' and it's not very helpful. Is this a straighforward procedure? - could somebody kindly run me through it. Thanks.

Most likely its the clutch release bearing getting noisy: not unexpected for a 96. Release bearings can be noisy for months or years with no ill effects. If the noise/vibration starts when you carefully depress the pedal about 3-6cm, its the release bearing. You can leave it so long as the noise doesn't get worse and you can change gears without noise. If the clutch has started shuddering on take-off, its time to replace the clutch.
Its not cost effective to pul the transmission to replace just the release bearing: Its better to replace the complete clutch at the same time, as the cost of the labour is most of the job.
SD