2010 Honda Civic: Touch Up Paint Tips?

Hi;
I noticed some scratches and exposed metal on the very lower front of 2010 Black Honda Civic. I called the dealership, got the number for the paint and I ordered some touch up paint online ( $5 cheaper than
the dealer ).
I've never used touch up paint on a car before.
Any tips for doing it better or making it look better?
Thanks
Steve
steve, wrote the following at or about 7/7/2010 1:36 PM:

1) less is more
2) shake well before using
3) shake VERY well before using
4) brushes generally suck, toothpicks don't in most cases
5) clean area before application (a little alcohol or mineral spirits followed by a little more alcohol) Apply in shade to a cool surface.
6) less is more
7) continue to shake while using
8) multiple LIGHT (did I say less is more?) coats
9) let the "sunshine in" to cure it and give it a week or so before waxing, cleaning, etc.
10) find shady spot, open a beer.... Enjoy!

A steady hand. Does your bottle have the ballpoint-pen tip, or just a brush?
--
Tegger

In article

No matter what you do, short of spray painting the entire piece/panel, you will probably be unhappy with the results. The usual conclusion is that the scratches were less objectionable than the appearance of a crappy touch-up job.

for a brush type applicator,you probably have to fill in the gouge and then once fully dry(coupla days),use wetsanding with a very fine grit carbide paper (like 2000 or higher grit)to level it to the original finish's level,then use polishing compound to gloss it up.

maybe an airbrush kit would do a better job? You can adjust them to do a very narrow spray. Of course,Honda CLEARCOATS their paint jobs,even black. Did you also get a clearcoat bottle/can? you can get hobbyist airbrush kits that use canned propellant instead of a compressor,but also include the adapter to connect to an air tank or compressor/regulator.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik