after market roof rack

I'm considering installing a roof rack myself on a 2010 CR-V. I haven't decided whether I want a combo roof rack (rail and cross bars) or just the cross bars. Regardless, how do you install these? I
saw the roof has 2 black plastic strips which some plastic tabs or covers that look like they are to be removed to install these racks. Is this correct and how do you safely remove these things? I'm still looking for instructions for this but any tips?
On 1/30/2010 10:54 AM, Guy wrote:

Check out this thread. I googled it using "2010 honda cr-v roof rack installation", and this is the second hit. It looks like it might be a better site to answer questions about your vehicle.
http://www.crvownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t 77
dan

Thanks Dan. I just found this and then went to HandA-Accessories.com to see an instruction how to do this. Here's the added link in case others like myself need it... http://www.pdfdownload.org/pdf2html/pdf2html.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.handa-accessories.com%2Fcrv%2F07rack.pdf&images=yes
Appreciate the quick help Dan. Thanks.
Guy wrote:

If you have to ask in a newsgroup how to install it, you're over your head! Pay a pro to do it and save screwing up your nice new car...

I thought that's what a newsgroup was for??? Anyway I am hesitant now because I want to use it for loading some lumber but I want to know first what the design capacity is for each cross member. No sense getting into the installation if it won't serve it's purpose. I won't need to carry it much ( 5 miles at around 25 to 30 mph).