Honda Pilot 2006 XM/Nav - XM tuner location?

Hi,
Anybody know where exactly xm tuner located in 2006 pilot EX with navigation?
pictures from google point to rear back panel near subwoofer or under
driver seat.
Unfortunately it is not behind back panel in cargo area. I spend 2 hours to remove it and can see only wire coming. Nothing under driver seat too. It shouldn't be too small. Or may be I miss it?
Really appreciate for help - just need to disconnect xm from tuner.
Next problem - where I can buy plastic fasteners, to put trim panels properly back in original state and metal clip for front trip panels.
Anybody can help me please? Just need to disconnect this f-n xm tuner and can't find it (nothing behind right trim cargo panel)
On 9/17/14 5:36 PM, Chapai wrote:

Why do you need to disconnect it? If you don't pay for the service, it's no big deal to ignore that the tuner is there.
I just don't get it. I just don't get your attitude here.
On 9/24/14 7:15 AM, Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:

it conflict with ipod/bluetooth adapter for honda. adapter mimic as xm tuner.

You probably want a free fix. If I knew, I'd tell you, for free. But I don't.

For the correct ones: Dealer or wrecking yard. From the dealer, they will not be cheap. From the wrecking yard, you will break them getting them off.
For aftermarket ones that probably won't fit well and will probably also be expensive: Visit your local auto parts store, and find the "HELP" product. Ask a clerk if you can't find it.
--
Tegger

On 9/22/14 6:11 PM, Tegger wrote:

You right - just looking for simple answer or any ideas.
I have honda manuals and discuss problem with dealer. Unfortunately all what they have - one old manual with location behind panel in cargo area.
I spend 2 hours to dismount it and find nothing. Then second answer was "under driver seat", and also nothing in it.
This is the reason that I come to ask somebody who have real experience and practical knowledge.
Probably it some variations in models during production not reflected in standard manuals.
Yes, xm works - so tuner definitely exists. Disassembling whole car is not a solution.

Thanks, but it does not work for me. Problem is: its not 100% correct for my particular car for that very specific case.

Dealer do not sell 5-6 fasteners, they want to sell a repair work. May be its our SF dealers only. Yards does not works too - this is one time usage parts (broke when you remove it) and no way to reuse it.

local stores do not sell that.
So only hard-to-find sores in internet or internet dealers who sell this.
I can't find in with just googling - only accord door fasteners available. Similar problem with honda electrical connectors for audio or dim mirror - they are too specific.

You might be able to buy the proper instructions from Crutchfield. It's the same instructions that they include with every radio they sell.
On 9/24/14 7:13 AM, Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:

This is not a in-dash radio - this is xm tuner. small metal block located somewhere.

The point is, if you need to remove it to do something 3rd party, Crutchfield has the instructions.

Definitely it IS your SF dealers only.
Honda has been cracking down on dealers lately, specifically with respect to their "certified pre-owned" programs that many dealers have gotten VERY sloppy about. If your dealer service department won't sell you parts, make noise. Go to the service manager. Go to the general manager. Tell us; I know how to get a hold of American Honda.

hehehehe Same with brake pads.
It's the cheapest man who spends the most.
replying to Chapai, sailordude wrote: Did you ever find the location? I have a 2008 Pilot EXL that the XM does not work. I bought it used. I know its not under the driver's seat. When I try turning it on the display shows Channel 1, AUX 1
replying to Chapai, rebturtle wrote: http://www.justanswer.com/honda/0sqfw-factory-xm-radio-receiver-2006-honda-pilot-ex-l-4wd.html