Regular service maintenance

I wish I can do a fancy graphical poll here. I like to know how many people actually follow the recommended service maintenance schedule? Probably most of us use Honda's "normal conditions" so you'll be
changing your oil every 10k, minor maintenance every 10k, major maintenance every 30k.
Does that sound about right?
-RA

I change my oil and filtre and rotate my tires every 5000 kilometres.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Not exactly. I'm using Mobil 1 Synthetic 5W-30 Extended Performance and changing every 8,000 to 10,000 miles. Tire rotation every oil change. Check air filter and brake pads every oil change. The 30K service is no longer the major service it once was, is it? Spark plugs, antifreeze, etc. all last longer than 30K now. 30K is a good time for routine auto. transmission fluid change and brake fluid flush.

from stuff I've read, a lot of people say most drivers should do the "severe" schedule. I'm going to do my first oil change at around 3K probably run one more at 3k or so and then switch to synthetic. I've read stuff of poeple saying mobil one or amsoil or whatever, what do people out there use for synthetic?
If you have a new Honda you should change the oil at the first factory recommended interval. The oil put in at the factory has break-in additives that will help seat your rings properly. If you remove the oil prematurely, the rings may not have fully seated and your car may turn in to an oil burner. Synthetic oil (Mobil 1, Amsoil, etc) are all excellent oils but in this day and age regular mineral based oil is refined to a very high standard and does not give up much to the synthetics except perhaps length of life. And that is lost in the economics of synthetic pricing being much higher than mineral based oil. Follow the owners manual for service interval. Honda knows what keeps their cars running, and their recommendations are less costly than what you're suggesting. Good luck with your new car! Howard