1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo

I am looking at purchasing a 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, with

103,000 miles on it for $6995. It has all the standard laredo features, overhead console/computer,cruise, tilt, power driver seat, power locks/windows,4.0L, tow package. I am wondering if that would be a rip off or not? And how good are those 4.0L engines? Thanks
Reply to
DaryRon Steffey

DaryRon Steffey did pass the time by typing:

7K US$ ?

What transfer case? Quadratrack (4lo, 4hi) or something else

Properly maintained, the 4.0 is virtually bulletproof.

Reply to
DougW

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Approximately 11/26/03 18:54, DaryRon Steffey uttered for posterity:

The 4.0 with care will outlast you. Just give it fresh oil and keep it cool. Is very lightly stressed and prefers to stay that way as you'll discover the first time you try to get it much over 4000 rpm on the highway.

Reply to
Lon Stowell