Jeep Cherokee headlights - worthless

I have a 2001 Grand Cherokee, and was really interested in the new Jeep Cherokee (smaller version). BUT - I talked to a person that had one at the grocery store, and she said that the headlights are worthless, and I should read all the negative comments online.

I have - and did - Too bad... looked like it was going to be my next car :((

Reply to
ps56k

Safety has been ignored in favor of styling and "aerodynamics".

Plastic lenses used today are only good for the life of the car if you keep the haze off them but probably don't focus the light worth a darn.

And people wonder why I like pre-1985 vehicles so well .. .. ..

Budd (85 Dodge D-250)

Reply to
Budd Cochran

This is one the brand new 2013-2016 version of the Jeep Cherokee - with the LED running lights, and the lower mounted small headlights. The online complaints, along with the person I talked to in the parking lot, all have the same comlaint...... can't tell if they are turned on !

Reply to
ps56k