Question on rings and bearings 93 cherokee...Help

I just did the hed gasket and low pressure is a result of worn rings. I should have done the wet test but I didnt so now I have to consider whether or not to do rings. Compression on the first cylinder is 60 psi the other 5 are reading 120. Put some oil in the cylinder and the reading jumped up to 120. Looks like the rings in the first cylinder washed out from head gasket problem. The motor doesnt knock and runs fine otherwise. It did sit for a year so Im wondering if maybe the rings are frozen and I need to drive it for awhile ad free up the rings in the first cylinder. My question concerns if I do the rings should I replace them with standerd size or go up a size. I would be doing the bearings also. If I do this fix I dont want the results I got last time so Im hoping that somehow I can pull this off. One last thing can I do this job with the motor in the car. Any tips on how I can better do this job or fix this will be geatly appreciated

Sincerely

Mike Long Island

Reply to
Michael

Michael did pass the time by typing:

Your answer is. It depends on what the measurement of the bore is and if you need to have the block milled or simply deglazed.

Rings arn't guesswork.

Reply to
DougW

Reply to