Tires and rims for sale - eventually lift kit as well

I spoke of a '76 CJ-7 a while back about the 35" Tires. The engine is back together and I just put plates on it and drove it down the road. The 35's have to go, I just don't like them. It has a lift kit that I believe is 4" (not sure.) I am sure, however, that I'm going to remove and sell the wheels, tires, drop pitman arm, springs, shackles, and whatever else comes with the lift kit and replace it with stock sized items. I plan on taking the wheels and tires off this weekend and putting them on ebay. Any suggestions from experienced people for selling these items would be appreciated.

The other thing I'm curious about is the quadratrac. I'm going to buy a used frame (hopefully with springs, and suspension) and I do not know a thing about quadratracs. I'd like to have a manual transmission that will work with the 360 engine. Any thoughts about this?

Thanks,

Chip

Reply to
Chip

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

You don't get it bill. I was driving slow and it was downright unsafe. If I were going to use it off-road, it would not be a problem. However, that is not why I bought a jeep in the first place. I'm definitely not going to put more money into trying to remedy this situation. I quite convinced that I can sell the larger tires and wheels, buy smaller ones, and have a buch of money left over for something else.

Chip

Chip

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

"If I were going to use it off-road, it would not be a problem. However, that is not why I bought a jeep in the first place."

Why tear apart a perfectly good off road machine to make it in to a pavement cruiser? Sell it to a real Jeep enthusiast and buy a stock CJ, YJ, TJ, etc or even a Sidekick/Tracker if you just want a truck with a removable top. Otherwise buy a convertible car. Just don't waste your time tearing apart that Jeep...it's just plain wrong.

Why did you buy a Jeep in the first place? Please enlighten us...

Reply to
Endo

Endo,

There are plenty of good reasons for buying a jeep that do not include off-roading. If you really want to know, as if it were any of your business, I wanted one. (and my daughter likes it too.) We enjoy riding around without the top or the doors. The remaining reasons are not for public consumption, they're personal. If someone wanted to trade their street machine for my off-roader, I would not discount the offer right away.

Are you a REAL Jeep enthusiast?

Chip

Reply to
Chip

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

That is an easy one. I already have this one and I knew the previous owner, which means that I know what I'm getting. As opposed to buying one where I know nothing about it's history. How long will it take to find another one with a fiberglass body and a 360 in it? I have no idea and I'll never find out. I guess I do not care if I'm ruining what someone else paid for because it's mine now and I'll personalize it in my own way.

A stock jeep was not for sale at the same time and place.

I did get an it for an exceptional price. And this one is not exactly stock even without the dangerous tires.

I would never.

Chip

Reply to
Chip

Chip, Getting back to the subject, As far as selling the stuff, you'd probably do best trying to sell it locally since shipping with E-bay would be expensive. Even though buyers usually pay the shipping costs, they take that into consideration when bidding. Also shipping things like tires and wheels costs extra, alot extra. I'd post ads at your local 4WD repair shops, maybe in the newspaper or on craiglist.com if it covers your town. Be patient because what you are selling is a relatively specialized item that not everyone wants.

As far as the engine trannie deal, the 360 is the sae block as the 304 which is what AMC used in the late 70's CJ's. I had a 79 with a built 304 and a T18 transmission. That being said, you should be able to have Novak or Advance hook you up with just about any engine, transmission, transfer case combo you want. I'd recommend shifting to the D-300 or atlas tranfer case since the quadratrac is getting fewer and further apart. It isn't the best case either. Just my 2 centavos FWIW.

Also, I agree with most of the others, its your jeep do what makes you happy. You are the one who will drive it. No one else. It's better to have a happy Jeeper with a relatively streetable rig than an unhappy one with an offroad beast.

Reply to
Harris Family