TJ jeep gas line

I have a 2002 TJ 6 cylinder and I need to disconnect the fuel line at the fire wall. Does anyone have a procedure on how to do this. How does the quick disconnect come off? If it is removed do any new parts have to be replaced on the connector or will it be ok? When I remove it, how much gas will spill out?

Thanks Nicholas

Reply to
snowboardripper

To relieve gas presure, remove the fuel pump relay from the PDC and run the engine till it stalls. Attempt to crank engine for a few times again until it doesn't fire anymore. Then turn ignition off.

This is from the 2006 TJ FSM, describing several types of quick connect fittings. It may cover what you have.

Bill Spiliotopoulos, '96 XJ, '06 TJ.

? "snowboardripper" ?????? ??? ?????? news: snipped-for-privacy@i38g2000prf.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Bill Spiliotopoulos