Discovery woe's

Having had problems with my disco ('95 300tdi), not sure where to look now. . . .

Original problem changing gears - replace clutch master & slave cylinders Problem sorted. ?

Some weeks later, had to replace the clutch release lever, so replaced the clutch assembly while at it. Sorted. ?

Then came a full set of new tyres. Drives well for the next week or two - good behaviour.

Now I am back where I started, having problems getting into gear (mainly fourth). Its like the clutch hydraulics aren't providing enough lift. . . .

Any thoughts????

Reply to
Pat

Bleed it again and look for leaks.

Wes

"Pat" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4mhHb.36351$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfep2-win.server.ntli.net...

Reply to
Lobby

cheers Wes

now for a good day????

and a wee bit of luck. . . .

Reply to
Pat

Oh yeah.

I am getting a little annoyed that my second is jumping out of gear which is rather annoying when you are using the engine breaking on a steep descent. I suppose I will sort it in a couple of months time.

It is also annoying how that green oil pressure light keeps coming on, notwithstanding there is plenty of oil in there. But then like most other things I might as well ignore it as I doubt the system is working very accurately.

So long as it goes and keeps going I am doing well enough.

incidentally it was returning about 16 mpg on Christmas day, I suppose I don't have much to complain about.

My reckoning is as these beasties are very fault tolerant.

Reply to
Larry

From hazy memory this is often just a spring that can be fixed without taking out the gearbox. Someone remind me?

Volume and pressure are very different things. Is it a diesel or a petrol? V8 is famed for low oil pressure and the 101 shows a light at idle quite regularly, but it goes off with a few revs.

Far better than me at the moment! New starter motor being fitted on Wednesday...

Aah, petrol then!

It rubs off on the owners too...

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Yes it might just be a spring or it could be something worse, hard to tell right now, as for the green light, It is staying on for longer than it ought, but at this cold temperature the engine has a lovely rattle until it warms up. It never fails to start from cold so it can't be too knackered, and I guess if everything is loose, siezure is not necessarily on the cards.I am going to keep an eye on it though.

Larry

snip

Reply to
Larry