Farmers beware

Given the number of Farmers who own landrovers then I thought it best to pass this message on in this group. It's being pushed via our local raul community crime prevention pannel as well.

Please take a look.

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

I have sent it on to a beef farm my friends own - a real eyeopener thanks Dr Lee Derek

Reply to
Derek

You might suggest to them that a site not requiring a plugin just to enter might make it available to more viewers!

I wonder if this is the same gang thats been stripping turf off fields?

I hope so - they picked on the wrong bloke a short time back and have since recieved appropriate hospital treatment I hear :-)

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Quite, I can see nothing but a huge blank pane asking for a plugin... I wonder how much of the rest of the site uses the plugin? Very poor web design not to have a) an option to "skip the intro" (they get boring after the second viewing) b) a way to view the site that is at least half standards compliant. Form, over content and accessibility yet again.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

On or around Wed, 15 Mar 2006 09:34:42 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Liquorice" enlightened us thusly:

not sure which it is. but it has active wossname on it, so it's probably flash or something. It's obviously something I already have.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Its the commonplace Macromedia Flash Player.

Huw

Reply to
Huw

I was gonna say that it's Macromedia Flash and that is hardly a rarity on the web these days.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Dave Liquorice

I wouldn't worry, it's not actually the kind of site that has any kind of practical use other than to provide a bit of a laugh. The posting coming from Lee adds to its credibility though for those just reading the usenet message!

Regards

William MacLeod

Reply to
willie

Not available for my OS... I don't think I've seen any informational site that has had any real value added by the use of flash, more often than not it gets in the way or becomes very tedious. Particulary so if the whole site is flash based as you have to sit through the same animations every time you reload a page.

I guess it makes money for web "designers" as on an inital one off showing to a not particulary web aware client they do look very flash.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Flash player for OS/2 there.

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

I only have an older version - but I'd not have it on anyway, like you say it gets in the way of the info. I'm on dail-up at home, so I never get to see such sites - I've better things to do with my life...

Says it all really! Phrases like "Graceful degradation" come to my mind, but sadly not to a lot of so-called "designers".

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

er yes but follow the link:

I'm pretty sure I've tried it some time in the last 4 years and it didn't work with OS/2 Warp 3 and the version of Mozzilla I had at that time.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice