Hood sticks

While at billing i saw a canvas truck cab and now i want one. but first i have to get the hod sticks, any ideas where from? a search of e bay hasn't thrown anything up?

i guess i only need the front part, but since its a SWB anyway, i guess its only the reay hoop i wouldn't use anyway?

cheers

gary

Reply to
gary

If you are anywhere near Manchester/West Yorkshire I've got a s/hand set that I was going to put on e-bay.

Martin

Reply to
Oily

Exmoor do sell just the truck cab stick set. Mind you, it ain't cheap!

For the truck cab only you don't need the rear hoop, or the two bracing bars that run from the front hoop to the back. So if you get a s/h full set you just don't use these bits.

Although you do need to fix some of those little hook things that run along the side of the body (underneath the cappings) to the rear of the seat bulkhead to tie the canvas down to.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Hi Martin - how much?

Gary

Oily wrote:

Reply to
gary

On or around Sat, 29 Jul 2006 20:44:52 +0100, Alex enlightened us thusly:

eh wot? I thought the only difference was the windscreen and door-top bits?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Wha? Truck cab or full length, you still need the windscreen and door top, and the first hoop.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

i think you 2 guys have a different idea of what a truck cab rag is!:

Alex is going for a truck cab but made out of canvas (so just covering the front seats) and leaving the load space uncovered

Austin is going for a rag that just covers the rear load space - in which case you dont need the windscreen bits as you generally have a metal truck cab over the front.

I had always thought the same as Austin.

Reply to
Tom Woods

Just a thought Gary, the ones I have are Series 11/111 type 88" full length. It's not a set for a 90" that you want is it? They cost me £75 but I didn't use them as I intended, a couple of the rubber seals round the door are missing but otherwise complete. A reasonable offer?

Martin

Reply to
Oily

On or around Sun, 30 Jul 2006 10:17:44 +0100, Alex enlightened us thusly:

nono, the bits of frame on the top of the windscreen and linking the windscreen to the first hoop, I meant. the truck cab hood just has 2 hoops (SWB, anyway), surely?

not that I've looked, of course, going from dubious memory.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Reply to
Alex

If you mean just the bit which covers the load bay at the back, it is correctly known as a 3/4 hood or tilt - regardless of wether it's for a SWB or a LWB -

Originally only 3/4 and full hoods were available. Now you can also get a truck cab hood which goes from windscreen to just behind the doors (88 or 109) and takes the place of the metal truck cab.
Also available is a Bikini hood, which while covering the same as the truck cab has no rear canvas/window.
And if you have a full hood, but require to keep the back rolled up, it is possible to purchase a fume curtain, which is just the bit which goes behind the front row seats. Useless on it's own, but with a full hood it keeps the exhaust fumes out and the heat in (mostly)

Alex

Check the LROI bits forum there were some sticks offered on there Derek

Reply to
Derek

Hi Oily,

Yes its for an 88 series 2A.

If i've worked this out correctly, there should be the strip across the top of the windscreen, a piece across the top of each door, a piece down the back of each door and then a full hoop. yours shouldl also contain a couple of diaganals and the rear hoop as well?

which are the rubbers that are missing?

where abouts are you? - i'm in Sheffield.

I'm working away all this week so might not get back on till next week end, but im interested.

Gary

Reply to
gary

Yes, I've got all the bits you mention.

Just the rubber strips that seal to the door tops, I'll check how many tomorrow. I think they are the same as on the hardtop, in which case I should have some second hand ones.

On the A635, about halfway between Manchester and Holmfirth.

You can pick them up anytime or if it's weekend I can drop them or meet you halfway.

Martin.

Reply to
Oily

they are the same as the hardtop stuff (or it fits perfectly even if not original spec). rivet on door seal is available cheaply off the roll or better push on stuff is also easy to get hold of.

Reply to
Tom Woods

Thanks Tom, I couldn't remember if they were the same, 'old timers disease' catching up.

By the way, if you do want them Gary, the dot co dot uk should be dot com and take away the obvious.

Martin

Reply to
Oily

Hi Martin, Hopefully i have replied to your e mail address?

cheers

gary

Oily wrote:

Reply to