M1, M25, M23 this weekend... WTF???

Saturday, drove from Sheffield to Brighton - picked up Mothers Mother and a set of air horns for Tom, (I think) from Mothers Mothers garage, then back up the M23 to Reigate. Total journey time 5 hours, no accidents, congestion (even at the ruddy roadworks twee M3 and M4).

Sunday, left Reigate, hit M25 - NO DELAYS, same for M1 - arrived home in 3 hours...

So, what on earth has gone wrong? - This is what motorway driving always used to be like...

The Gods must be crazy...

Reply to
Mother

Woo! :) I wondered if you'd remebered about them. I shall be the envy of all my friends!..

I dont think the 101 is gonna make it to Gaydon, but I shall take the normal landy instead. Hopefully I can manage to re-affix the exhaust suitably first too (does anybody know of any heat-proof sticky tape i can use? :) )

Its like one of those days when all the traffic lights turn green for you! I had one of those on sunday, it was even warm enough to have the roof off the landy too. Karma made up for it though, cos the exhaust snapped on the landy on monday, and Ive had to jump start my car twice since then. In the rain too. so watch out!

Reply to
Tom Woods