R380 gearbox ?

I have a 38a rangerover DT with a type D gearbox .....the sprung loaded cylinders (anti rattle springs) which keep the gearstick in possition have failed ! according to many sourses they can only be bought with the remote gear change housing which is bloody expensive !

has anyone else had this problem or has any other ideas on how to fix as its stopping me sellecting 5th and reverse ?

thanks

Reply to
chris