Re: New question re - Intermittant Disco 300 Tdi 94 rear windows

When the rear windows on my 1993 Discovery 200Tdi refused to operate it turned out the problem was with the relay. It was located at the driver's side panel next to the pedals (remember my car is a LHD) Locating the relay was easy using David's method of hearing which one clicks when using the front windows and then removing the good/operating relay and swapping with the ones on its left and right.

It is more than a year now that this has happened so I do not remember which side it was but it definately was a yellow one (lots of yellow relays). And I was able to find a similar relay from my village's car electrician for the equivalent of 2 UK pounds.

Take care Pantelis

> Mine has the two front and rear electric window relays fitted behind the > > panel down by the drivers footwell. which makes me wonder if one of the > > relays is suspect. > > > > Haynes say its the one with the yellow casing. Looking at the wire cicuit > > diagram doesn't help me I am afraid and as there is a multitude of yellow > > relays down there I'm not sure which one to unplug.....theres not much > room > > either to fiddle about down there is there...so I darent do a swop at the > > moment to check them either > > Have you taken out the panel above the pedals to give better access to the > area? If it's anything like my 200tdi, removing this panel and unscrewing > the fusebox as well will make life easier. > > Then activate the working switches and you will be able to hear which relay > is operating. > > Before you buy a Genuine Parts relay, check if Halfords have a replacement > as it will be a lot cheaper. > > David > >
Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

Thanks... I'll try that. Lee

Reply to
¤¤ Lee ¤¤

I'l give that a go to ta ! Lee

Reply to
¤¤ Lee ¤¤

Arggh...!...

Fiddling with all those relays...My air con doesn't work know either..There yellow too !!

Sheesh ! Wheres my lump hammer !!!!!

Reply to
¤¤ Lee ¤¤

HAve you checked the fuses?