Steering Wheel Problems.

When I move the wheel to the right it locks up and cannot move.

Can anyone offer suggestions on this problem? It is definitely not the pump.

Thanks.

Reply to
IMP AutoDealer

It would help if we knew what vehicle it was. For example, on some models it could be the u-joints on the steering column, but these are not on all Landrovers. It could be a collapsed swivel bearing or a broken u-joint in the swivel. JD

Reply to
JD

check the bracket/guard thats bolted to rear side of front diff , where the rear drag link passes through , it may be rubbing hard when steering is at full lock .

also check the steering damper when its fully extended to see if the shroud is not loose and contacting the shock absorber housing , although i dont think they fully extend out that far its still worth looking at . check oil level in swivel hosings , make sure CV joints are well oiled .

Reply to
M0bcg

Button bashing in practice for another round of Daley Thompson's Decathlon, IMP AutoDealer left Shakespeare to the monkeys by typing...

Steering lock? Is it your own vehicle or are you twoccing? More info (like vehicle type) would help

Reply to
weallhatebillgates