Weather

a 250 mile round trip *might* be a tad over the top.....

:)

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

given that our two closest rivers (nene and welland) are amongst the best controlled rivers in the country, i think it will be unlikely that we see any flooding, unfortunately......

Really annoys me when its house insurance time as well, the last time we flooded here was 1953, but we are a high risk flood area, so bugger all people cover you, or whack the premium right up.....

-- To reply direct rot13 me

bURRt the 101 Camper

200TDi Disco with rotten floor 200 TDi DIsco, "the offroader" 1976 S3 Lightweight
Reply to
Simon Isaacs

Yeah, 100+ PSI out of a 1/2" (or larger) straight nozzle soon sorts the men from the boys and is really a 2 man job. I have a lovely memory of a rookie on our fire crew ordering 'water on 1000kPa' and immediately surfing the concrete trying to hang on to an out of control hose. We gave him full marks for tenacity in not letting go but zero for intelligence.

That's an exhaust ejector priming mechanism. It uses the exhaust gases through a venturi system to suck water up the inlet hose so the pump can get a prime.

EMB

A red fire engine type Pinz passed me today going east on the A635, don't see many of those up here.

Martin

Reply to
Oily

Sounds like a match, didn't half sound odd in operation and when the water shot out the exhaust it made me step back a bit, expecting a bang and some broken metal..

That reminds me, it was nearly 2 weeks ago now and I'm still wearing the same trousers, complete with exhaust spatter, no wonder I'm single!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

On or around Tue, 26 Jun 2007 21:06:24 +0100, "Oily" enlightened us thusly:

ooh, that reminds me, took a picture of one of they at Eastnor, I meant to put up some Eastnor pics.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

What sort of canoe are you looking for Lee?

I've got a 15 foot lightweight open canoe in the garage which I doubt I'll use any more. It's home built, but not by me!

Construction is Dacron over an oak frame with ash trim - light as a feather, lift it with two fingers.

It needs a little attention to the skin coating(paint) and maybe some varnish, otherwise she's good!

I think £200 to get it out of my way feels about right!

Neil

Neil

Neil uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Spent my immediate pocket money and some. Price sounds right but I'd be looking for a 17fter to fit two adaults and two children.

Bung it on ebay, ot should go a treat at the mo.... then again - wait for people to get there computers dried out first as sad as it is.

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

Yes, mine would not be the right thing for you.

Prolly will, circular tuits permitting.

Neil

Neil

Which reminds me: Google Earth coverage of Lincolnshire is now high-res, showing such places as Witham S.V. and the Rocket Site, Misson. Unfortunately, the images are several years old. The Lincolnshire Show is running, and from some signs around where I lived, I reckon it's either 2003 or 2002. So you can't point to the picture and say you want that one.

Reply to
David G. Bell

6 wheel 04 reg followed me down M1 this evening, and turned off to Weybridge, front was covered in mud you couldn't see it was red underneath.

AJH

Reply to
AJH

This aint wet, if you wanna see heavy rain, should have been in Cheltenham this time last year!. Mind you it has been raining for 2 days but nothing near as bad as last year, mainly heavy showers or that really wet, persistant rain!. Hardly suprising really, i've got a BBQ to do tomorrow for 150 plus people.......

Dom

Reply to
Dom J