Stalling Problem

I had a couple of problems with my '93 ES300: rough idle, hesitation when going down the road, and stalling when stopped. I took the car in to my local mechanic, and now everything's fixed except for the stalling problem. It doesn't do this all the time, just from time to time after that car's been running for about 30 minutes or so when I brake and the RPM drops below

1,000. Any ideas what to check? Thanks!
Reply to
McPhallus

Check for a vacuum leak with a vacuum gauge. Check the intake tube between the air cleaner and throttle body for cracks or holes. Check the idle air control valve to make sure it is not sticking and check the mass air flow meter to make sure it is not gummed up. Check to make sure vacuum is not being applied to the EGR at idle.

Reply to
Ray O

it's only a guess, but I bet it's in the electronics somewhere -- sounds like a fuel-cutoff problem.

Reply to
Mike Piacente