Cam belt change...cost

Looking to change the cambelt on a 1.9 diesel engine (Normally aspirated, non HDi) on the Berlingo in the next six months.

Won't have time to do it myself so will have to take it somewhere.

How much am I looking at spending?

sponix

Reply to
sPoNiX

Well, maybe not quite accurate, but the reason I am doing the wife's Corsa ( petrol )

Kit =3D =A365 Local garage wants =A3150 Vauxhall want =A3250

Some use?

Ian

Reply to
IanDTurner

On old 8v cavaliers and carltons it's =A310-15 for the belt and 30-60 minutes fitting depending on how compliant the water pump wants to be.

Reply to
adder1969

I had my Pug 306 1.4l petrol 1998/S cam belt done a while back at a Pug dealer for £75. I'm guessing that's belt only. If you want all the other gubbins running off the belt changed, that might explain the higher costs.

David Hearn

And if you believe in proper preventative maintenance, you'll be wanting to change everything in the line of the belt.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Yup - that's my plan for the next change (around 40k or so, not the 72k Pug recommend!)

David Hearn