Citroen AX noise when taking up drive

I have an F reg Citroen AX 1100 with 70K on the clock, It has recently started making a small amount of noise when taking up drive in the lower gears. This happens as I release the clutch and engine starts to pull.

If in second I apply throttle and then come off the throttle I can hear this clunk/clicking noise.

I have looked around the car but nothing seems loose. If I try and twist the drive shafts the nearside seems solid but the offside seems to have a small amount of movement backwards and forward.

Is this likely to be the source if so what is wrong?

Reply to
David Cawkwell

May be CV joint....... cut one way and accelerate in a circle... then the other way.... observe if noise is louder on one way......TIP.... use B&Q carpark at 2am for this test !!

Reply to
JK

A common noise from the ax's drive train is a tick/tick when you raise or lower the clutch pedal, either in gear or not. Every ax i've plyed with (7 now) had this clutch noise to some extent. The other thing could be a driveshaft issue. Don't worry about it ... everything is pretty much overbuilt underneath when you consider its only a tin-foil car. (The steering balljoints are also used on the heavier/bigger citroen xsara for instance).

How many nova sri's have you wasted by the way .... probably all of them!!

-- (Scum Mail Bouncer In use). (Remove "n" from email address to reply directly).

Regards..... Steve.

Reply to
FEo2 Welder