Corsa 1.2 rev counter, dash light, won't start.

I have a Corsa 1.2, X reg, year: 2000

When the engine is hot it will not start if switched off, until the engine is cold again. While driving the maintenance light flashes on the dash. It also misfires from time to time.

I have changed the spark plugs, changed the air filter and changed the oil and oil filter. The old spark plugs did not show any oil deposits.

One time the yellow engine light came on.

Any ideas?

Reply to
psb154

Take it to a garage where they'll plug in their computer and read the fault codes.

BTW, continue to run it with a misfire and you'll shag the CAT.

Reply to
Conor

deposits.

Thanks for your reply Conor. Just popped it into an Inchcape Vauxhall dealer. I'll inform my Bank Manager :-)

Paul Butterfield.

Reply to
psb154

I have only taken two, thirty mile trips since yesterday but the problem does seem to have been solved.

Good / services note from the dealer: Investigate engine management light on and bad starting when engine hot. Carried out tech test on engine systems - found fault code for crankshaft sensor - replaced sensor updated engine control unit and cleared fault code.

Total cost including VAT: =A3139.18

Reply to
psb154