Immobilisre Problem Rover 45

Hi all

Today when I tried to lock my car using the keyfob nothing happened so I used the key. On returning to my vehicle and gaining entry with the key, once the key was turned in the ignition the alarm sounded and when that eventually ended there was a bleeping noise. I have fitted a new battery to the keyfob but it still will not work. I have tried the emergency key access number and that has no effect at all. I am unable to move my vehicle and have no idea where to go next for help/advice hence this post. Could anyone help me please?

Reply to
skint

Probly won't work but... Let the alarm go off, then stand outside the car with the key. Close the door and use the key to lock/unlock the door.

Reply to
Gøñzølã

Unlock the drivers door with the key Hold the remote close to the car and press the padlock or dimpled button 7 times as fast as you can.

Reply to
Fred

Hopefully you have it sorted by now, if not my neighbour had a similar problem on his N-reg Mondeo TD, and naturally asked my advice. Knowing nothing about alarms (searching the handbook for the symptons indicated it was an alarm fault; take it to the main dealer etc.) I removed the fuse feeding the central locking and alarm circuit, car then started!

3 months later he's still using it like this as a new alarm unit would cost more than car is worth and in any case neither of us know how to fit one!

If you have a similar circuit it might be worth trying, but I suppose if you really have an immobiliser fitted then this fix may not work

Reply to
Steptoe

Thanks for all your help fellas I got it sorted now. A BLOWN FUSE was the culprit!

Reply to
skint

Reply to
Fred