Immobilser Jammed Rover 45

Hi all

Today when I tried to lock my car using the keyfob nothing happened so I used the key. On returning to my vehicle and gaining entry with the key, once the key was turned in the ignition the alarm sounded and when that eventually ended there was a bleeping noise. I have fitted a new battery to the keyfob but it still will not work. I have tried the emergency key access number and that has no effect at all. I am unable to move my vehicle and have no idea where to go next for help/advice hence this post. Could anyone help me please?

Reply to
skint

One method is to, with the doors closed, press the door lock button on the plip unit five times in order to refresh the plip with the car immobiliser unit.

PDH

Reply to
Paul Hubbard

Does the central locking work when you unlock the door?

I had to fix an old-shape 218 diesel in a carpark once, the problem was every time you tried to start the car the horn would sound and the car wouldn't start

Reply to
Thomas Edwards

Thanks for all your help fellas I got it sorted now. A BLOWN FUSE was the culprit!

Reply to
skint