Laguna steering pulling left

Laguna 2.0 petrol S Reg 1998 auto estate, 98k miles.

Hi, Just recently i've noticed that the steering is pulling quite hard to the left. I have checked the tyre pressures and they are fine. I have noticed though that when stopped at the lights, if I turn the steering from lock to lock and back, when I pull off the pulling has stopped. It stays straight for quite a few miles sometimes before eventually starting to pull to the left again. Anyone have any ideas what this might be ? Thanks for any help. Cheers Paul

Reply to
Paul

This is the bit that is interesting!

You seriously need to get it checked out, I would guess at a sticking N/S/F caliper and shagged wheel bearing but it could well be something far more serious! Steering problems are the most dangerous, go to a garage and get it checked.

Reply to
Fred

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Paul" saying something like:

Uneven tyre drag is a possibility. Swap the tyres over from side to side and see if the problem either goes away or swaps sides. If it's not that, you'll have to start worrying about suspension and steering bushes, etc.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

And that can be altered by going from lock to lock ?

Reply to
Fred

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Fred"

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon