Mondy CO emissions

I have a mondeo 1.8 zetec. Failed CO emissions twice. C0 = 0.31 & 0.4

Reply to
Mattyb

I would check the air filter and maybe give it a little extra air through a mod to an air pipe, as it is so marginal the slightest thing could tip it to a pass.

IIUC the cat will burn up HC rather than CO

Reply to
mrcheerful

Checked air filter already, actually had it oput for the test!!. Modifying an air pipe is a little beyond my expertise and I wouldn't know where to start. Local garage said change cat or plug and oil change. Anyone else with suggestions? Cheers

Reply to
Mattyb