Renault Clio problem

Hello, i have a Renault clio 1.2 16valve sport its a 2001 model. lately the car has been cutting out alot but thats caused by the crank shaft sensor as it has been faulty before. but now while driving the car keeps jumping and has lost alot of the little power it once had. its quite dangerous. i think i have a nackerd plug but i can't get the HT caps off the top of the plugs! apparently you have to have a special tool to take them off which is "stupid" in my opinion. does anybody know how to get these off without buying a tool? i've tried pulling them out but don't want to break them as i use the car for my work. so could anybody share some light on this please? thank you Lee.

Reply to
leetrials

Have a look beside each HT lead (actually a single coil sat on top of each plug if it is the same as my old Laguna) you will see a Torx headed screw which holds it in place, I seem to remember it is a T20 size, maybe a T30. I can't clearly remember the size and no longer have the car to be able to check against. Buy a Torx driver from Halfrauds or your local motor factor it'll cost you about £5 and it does a lot of other screws on the car too besides the coil packs. You might just about be able to get away with a flat headed screwdriver of the correct size but don't come crying to us if you wreck the screw head.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Dugan