Seat Ibiza Steering

I'm having problems with my Seat Ibiza CLS.

A few weeks ago the power steering felt very heavy, but only every now and then. I had a look and discovered the rubber gaiter on the top of the steering rack had come loose (preseumably it was limiting me turning the wheel when it got tangled, causing the spontaneous heaviness??).

A friend fitted a new gaiter, but a week later the problem has come back, and the gaiter has come off again. What is going wrong?! Have I diagnosed the problem wrong, or has my friend fitted the gaiter wrong?

Another theory I have is that the gaiter is misaligned, causing it to come off. Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Mark.

Reply to
Mark Doherty

I would say it was fitted wrong.., but I cant see it causing much of a steering prob...

sQucik..

Reply to
sQuick