BMW Miata !! ??? Pretty cool.

Saw this on ebay

$88034411&categoryr51&sspagename=WDVW A 1990 Miata with a Z3 "kit" on it. Looks pretty sweet! I wonder where you can pick up a kit like that. It would be great for a wrecked Miata ..

Reply to
Chief_Wiggum

Eeww! Now I have to go poke out my eyes...

It's horrible. Such nightmarish bad taste is fascinating in a gawking-at-a-wreck sort of way, so thanks for the link.

No, it wouldn't. Z3's are ugly, and a Miata dressed up to look like one would be better off run through a compacter at a junk yard.

Reply to
Grant Edwards

Well, I guess if you dont' like the look of a Z3 than it is a BAD thing! :)

I think they are kinda cool myself .. especially the clamshell hood design.

*shrug*

$8803441> > 1&categoryr51&sspagename=WDVW>

Reply to
Chief_Wiggum

BZZZZT! Wrong. THIS is what you can with a wrecked Miata:

Lanny Chambers

Grants feelings are pretty typical of the miata crowd. Those things have been for sale for some time, and seem to draw very little positive response.

It's like vinyl flooring trying to look like tile flooring, not too convincing so, what's the point?

I happen to disagree with the people who think the miata is a better looking car than the Z3. With that I also have to say that the Z4 is a horrific looking car, much uglier than any miata.

Chris

92BB&T

$8803441> > 1&categoryr51&sspagename=WDVW>

Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Even if you do like Z3's, it just seems cheap and tawdry to try to make one brand of car look like another. It's not a BMW, and you're not going to fool anybody into thinking it is.

People who care about cars know what's what and will think you wanted a Z3 but couldn't afford one, so you bought another perfectly good roadster and butchered into a bad imitation of something else.

People who don't care about cars, just won't notice.

Reply to
Grant Edwards

Now _that_ I like a lot better -- as long as that's not a fake Maserati or Ferrari badge on the nose. ;) Call me old-school, but I love the headlights.

Apart from the taste question, the important thing is that it's not a "replica" kit trying to make a Miata into a badly faked something-else.

Reply to
Grant Edwards

The problem is that the kit is designed for the M1. It would be much more effective as an M2 conversion.

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

that is uglier than the Z3

Reply to
slade carter

Is not!

Reply to
Grant Edwards

How about this for rebuilt sweetness:

Yours WDK - snipped-for-privacy@ij.net

................................................................ Posted via TITANnews - Uncensored Newsgroups Access >>>> at

johnny phenothiazine

What is under the hood? A V32 or a V40?

I hope is not planning to drive any mountain roads.

Leon ;)

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

DAMMIT! I can't find a fork quick enough to gouge my eyes out !!! @#$@#$@#$@#$ %%#&^&%TGTHFGY$%&&&&

7778^(&^(*$%&*J$^H#&M$&*M
Reply to
Chief_Wiggum

3
$5 and hey Big Chief, I think it's totally beautiful and I want a dark green one!

Yours WDK - snipped-for-privacy@ij.net

................................................................ Posted via TITANnews - Uncensored Newsgroups Access >>>> at

johnny phenothiazine

Who wants a "redecorated" Miata?- if you want a BMW, pay for one! (Although I don't like either of them much, I'm one of the few who think the Z4 is better than Z3).

The Miata (like Mazda's MX-6 and MX-3) is among the rare cars which depend on the overall grace of the shape for beauty, with a bare minimum of chrome, scoops, louvers, etc. This is a characteristic it shares with a lot of Pininfarina Ferrari designs, the old Shelby Cobra, and the 1960's and current Jaguar XK cars. My opinion is that a clean, beautiful shape beats neat "decorations" any day, in both cars and women. (I love my new Mazda 6, but I'll admit it is a bit "fussy" in styling).

My Miata wears no exterior mods except a Moss grill in flat black.

Joe Silver '99

Reply to
jchase

Well put. Sadly, the RX-8 design seems to have been done by people who like "busy". An uglier collection of mis-matched details I've never seen. The poor thing is all creases and corners and slots and scoops and whatnot. Not a clean line on the whole car.

Reply to
Grant Edwards

Oh no, I wasn't saying the Miata/BMW is "beautiful," far, far from it, most certainly I wouldn't want a Miata with a plastic fake-BMW body. In fact I wouldn't buy that nice Mazdaspeed Turbo, even if I could afford one, specifically because of the ugly plastic razzmatazz they insist on bolting all over the body. Particularly the spoiler, what's the point on a convertible? Though if you happen to like that kind of stuff I guess "to each his own." The car I was talking about is Keith Tanner's Miata-powered "Locost," a Lotus Seven clone kit car. Basically I think you really can't improve on the looks of my stock '93 Miata, but (provided you don't mind absolute exposure to the weather) you can definitely improve on the weight:

Yours WDK - snipped-for-privacy@ij.net

................................................................ Posted via TITANnews - Uncensored Newsgroups Access >>>> at

johnny phenothiazine

You're joking, right ? That thing is HIDEOUS! It looks like it's made by John Deere ..

Puke!

Reply to
Chief_Wiggum

Huh? He didn't say it was pretty. He said it was light weight.

Not really.

Reply to
Grant Edwards

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 19:47:55 GMT, "Chief_Wiggum" wrote in news:LpqYc.165082$sh.70764@fed1read06:

What's the saying? "nothing runs like a Deere."

I don't care how hideous it is.

I hope Keith will give me a ride in his sub-1300 lb. 'Miata.' Whoooeeeee.

Reply to
Dave Null Sr.